Software Security: How to Prioritize, Measure and Convey It To the Board
Amid the shifting threat landscape, cloud migration and ongoing digital transformation, software security is often low on a security leader's list of priorities.
But the cybersecurity executive order and continuing high-profile breaches have increased awareness around cybersecurity - especially for software - among the members of the board at organizations, making it important for security leaders to communicate to them about the organization's risk posture.
But software security solutions differ from other security solutions: You don’t install a tool; you have to build security in from the start.
This session covers the following questions that security leaders want answered:
- How do you approach the software security challenge, and where is it among your priorities?
- How do you make the successful business case for a software security program?
- With a program in place, how do you ensure your developers are following your standards?
- How do you measure the success of your program?
- How do you communicate the metrics to your board and senior management?