Securing the Internet of Things
The Internet of Things brings many benefits, but it also brings with it new challenges: namely, the increased risk of cyber-attack. Our traditional concepts of cyber defense must evolve to keep pace. Join this session for expert insight on:
- The convergence of IT and OT cybersecurity functions, as well as the convergence of physical security and cybersecurity;
- Customer convergence case studies;
- The importance of people, process, and technology as an integrated strategy.
Often, the discussion about securing the Internet of Things focuses on technology, when so much is dependent on our ability to change our thinking to adapt to that of our attackers. This means doing away with the traditional functional boundaries, and the convergence of IT and OT cybersecurity functions, as well as the convergence of physical security and cybersecurity.
Forward-thinking organizations have begun converging their cybersecurity capabilities across IT and OT, and are looking to do the same between physical security and cybersecurity. These organizations recognize that attackers adapt almost as quickly as the Internet of Things has, and they must adapt their defenses, as well. It's about converging cultures as much as it is about converging technologies.
In this session we will review some of the successes and some tales of caution to help you on your path to convergence. We will discuss:
- A risk-based approach for defense-in-depth architectures;
- How to secure operations before, during, and after an attack;
- Implications of convergence on compliance.
This webinar is available OnDemand.
You might also be interested in …