Defending Against the Insider Threat
The insider threat - it may be the hardest to detect, yet it poses the greatest risk to information security and regulatory compliance. And with recent, high-profile data breaches resulting from insider abuses, the topic is hotter than ever.
Register for this webinar to learn:
- How to identify and mitigate insider threats;
- The different types of threats - accidental & malicious;
- How to spot authorized users handling information in unauthorized ways;
- Proper procedures and tools to help maintain regulatory compliance and protect against the insider threat.
Organizations must constantly balance access to information for the purpose of conducting business, while protecting this information from unauthorized users. While many well-established methods and products exist for tracking external attacks on information, less oversight and protection is made for identifying authorized users handling information in unauthorized ways - the insider threat.
In some cases, the insider threat is inadvertent, while in other cases authorized access to data is being taken advantage of for malicious purposes. Organizations must understand the impact of these threats, both for regulatory compliance and overall business risk.
Jerald Murphy will lead a discussion about how proper procedures and tools can be implemented to both comply with regulatory guidelines, while at the same time identifying and mitigate internal data leakage. He will discuss how to organize roles between data management and security/compliance, so that information workers can have the most flexibility, while still ensuring protection of data and adherence to regulatory guidelines.
Among the topics to be discussed in this webinar:
- The current business security environment
- The different types of Insider Threat:
Â Â Â
- How to respond to & report data loss from an inside threat
- Further actions to mitigate insider threat
You might also be interested in …